Allow Extra Time This Weekend
Plainfield Fest kicks off Friday, July 18, and lasts through Sunday, July 20. If you are playing in any of our events this weekend, please allow plenty of extra time for driving, parking and walking to The Wandering Dragon. For your reference, all of the fest details are below…
Fest hours are 4 to 11 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
The following road closures are in place and last until the early morning hours of Monday, July 21:
• Lockport Street between Route 59 and Fox River Street will be completely closed to all traffic. Lockport Street between James Street and Fox River Street will be checkpoint controlled and open to local businesses and residents, and Handicapped parking.
• Des Plaines Street between Ottawa Street and Oak Street will be closed.
• Illinois Street will be completely closed between the Library and the alley just south of Lockport Street.
• Chicago Street between Illinois Street and Fox River Street will be closed. A checkpoint for local residents and Handicapped parking will be located at Illinois Street and Chicago Street.
• Fox River Street between Lockport Street and Ottawa Street will be a checkpoint controlled access.
Festival parking is available at Plainfield Central High School on Fort Beggs Drive. Additional parking is located at the municipal parking lots on Des Plaines Street north of Oak Street and the lot next to the Plainfield Library on Illinois Street. Handicapped parking is available on Lockport Street east of James Street, and on Chicago Street between Illinois Street and Des Plaines Street. Additional parking will also be available at Riverfront Park, Plainfield Village Hall and First Midwest Bank.