Break your chains ad get ready to shake up your game! Pathfinder: Unchained is an indispensable companion to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Core Rulebook. With Pathfinder Unchained, you become the game designer!
The new Pathfinder Unchained Book will be available at The Wandering Dragon on Wednesday, April 29th!
Within these pages, the designers of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game unleash their wildest ideas, and nothing is safe. From totally revised fundamentals like core classes and monster design to brand-new systems for expanding the way you play, this book offers fresh ideas while still blending with the existing system.
Pathfinder Unchained is an indispensable companion to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Core Rulebook. This imaginative tabletop game builds upon more than 15 years of system development and an Open Playtest featuring more than 50,000 gamers to create a cutting-edge RPG experience that brings the all-time best-selling set of fantasy rules into a new era.
The Pathfinder RPG contains numerous rules considered sacred by players and GMs alike. Since the system itself was based upon RPG “technology” already more than 10 years old at the time of its creation, “backwards compatibility” often meant sticking with the familiar, even if tradition was filled with cobwebs and decades-old assumptions. Pathfinder Unchained dares to take a fresh look at the system itself, altering some of the fundamentals of the game and giving fresh optional takes on classic rules. Inside this hardcover collection of alternate rules and options you’ll find completely redesigned versions of the barbarian, monk, rogue, and summoner classes. Delve into a new system for resolving player actions designed to speed play and dispel confusion. Many of the new systems (such as the revised classes) work seamlessly with the existing Pathfinder rules. Even the most staunchly traditionalist player will appreciate the book’s math-lite system for on-the-fly monster creation and the new system for generating dynamic magic items that go far beyond a simple +1 to add lore and interest to the campaign. Players will love the book’s new resource pool for martial characters, allowing for exciting new tactical options, as well as the robust new system that allows spellcasters to modify their spells with powerful spell components.
Pathfinder Unchained includes:
- New versions of the barbarian, monk, rogue, and summoner classes, all revised to make them more balanced and easier to play.
- New skill options for both those who want more skills to fill out their characters’ backgrounds and those seeking streamlined systems for speed and simplicity.
- Changes to how combat works, from a revised action system to an exhaustive list of combat tricks that draw upon your character’s stamina.
- Magic items that power up with you throughout your career—and ways to maintain variety while still letting players choose the “best” magic items.
- Simplified monster creation rules for making new creatures on the fly.
- Exotic material components ready to supercharge your spellcasting.
- New takes on alignment, multiclassing, iterative attacks, wounds, diseases and poisons, and item creation.